Thursday 3 June 2010

Printing of photographs...

I searched around for printing of my photographs but found that it was very expensive for all of the photographs so in the end I was able to go to UWE and use one of their printers so all I had to do was buy glossy A4 laser photo paper, which I bought 100 sheets for around £17.00 in Staples - which I thought was very reasonable (not that I'm advertising Staples or anything!).

The print themselves are of a high quality but perhaps I feel that paper slightly let it down as it wasn't as glossy as I first anticipated. Also the prints weren't as high contrast as I expected so the background aren't really 'black' black more grey/browny tones, which is slightly disappointing. However in comparison to the printer I normally use which is Xerox laser printer I feel that the tones are more natural where as the prints I have in my sketchbook are more blue than black and the white is very bright and slightly over-powering. The perfect scenario would be for both print qualities to meet somewhere in the middle but I know nothing is ever perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment