Saturday 5 June 2010

Saturday (D-Day):

This morning I was round B&Q at 8.00 am getting the boards to mount my work on: I got 6 separate boards which I taped up together with strong duck tape so I could fold it up for easy transport and be able to mount it up as 3 pieces. I also bought a hook to place my headphones on which is actually a door stop but will look good once mounted up. I then went to Hobby Craft to get a piece of A2 mounting foam board, double sided tape and whilst I was there came across a paper cutter with a guide, which I bought so that I could cut all of the photographs the same size.

Once I had got all of the things that i needed for the exhibition, I started to cut the photographs, cutting each side of every photograph one by one so I could make sure they were all the same size - This was a very tedious process and took a lot longer than expected. I then measured up on the boards the space I would be putting the photographs, leaving a 2" boarder around each side as well. Then I got the correct order and stuck them down with double-sided tape which was very fiddly and time consuming and this had to then be repeated two more times. The whole process was very long and I am glad that I decided to do it before Tuesday and overall I think it looks really good consider how difficult it was to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment