Wednesday 14 April 2010

Artist Research...

I have spent the last few days looking at different portrait photographers, some contemoprary and some not, so that I can get inspiration for what style I feel I would like my photographs to resemble as well as what style would create the best affect for my photographs and the facial expressions.

The portrait photographs that I have looked at so far are:

Martin Schoeller
Robert Mapplethorpe
Howard Schatz - specifically his photographic series of actors playing a role
Irving Penn
Richard Avedon
Steve Pyke
David Bailey
Yousuf Karsh
Mark Selieger (couldn't find any photographs that I felt would be relevant for my project so decided not to do any further research on artist)

I intend to continue this research more thoroughly throughout the next week or so. Particularly looking to get some more books on these and other relevant artists from the library in college.

No comments:

Post a Comment