Saturday 24 April 2010

Friday advice...more:

I also discovered a way to improve my analyse of facial expressions further, particularly as a development upon the images from magazines and newspapers that I collected and put in my sketchbook - this idea was good but I didn't write enough about each face and what expressing it was showing. So i discussed with my tutor a way of improving this idea as I felt it was something that I found interesting and enjoyable to do as well as being useful in improving the way I identify facial expressions.

After the discussion I shared with Oli I decided to buy one newspaper everyday for a week (I choose the Guardian as I felt it would have the best diversity of stories) and collect every portrait image that is shown in the paper - this could be anything from a 'wannabe Prime Minster to a wannabe Britain's Got Talent winner' but the most important thing is to collect the images and analyse each one focusing on what kind of the facial expressions they are showing. I will show evidence of this in a separate sketchbook to the main bulk of work because to me this is a separate mini project which relates to my understanding of the project but mixed together in one sketchbook would seem muddled and extremely confusing the an outside viewer.

By spending time on this research I hope to show I share a real interest in my chosen project, whilst conveying the development of my understanding of facial expressions and how they are conveyed. I feel that I will dramatically improve my knowledge of facial expressions but make my self a lot more aware of portrait photography around me and how the mise-en-scene or body language is used to convey a certain message or emotion (particularly in staged image).

No comments:

Post a Comment