Saturday 3 April 2010

Internet research - DISCOVERY...

Whilst using the internet to research further into micro expressions and the seven universal emotions I found an interesting website which is meant to train you to identify the seven basic emotions that everyone displays (mostly subconsciously):

The url is http://www.neurodiversity.com/nvc/game.html -- the game which shows images of certain facial expressions allows you to guess what the facial expression the image is showing. Some were difficult mainly the images of two similar emotions such as disgust and anger, however I found that the majority were reasonably easy to identify. The test/experiment was very interesting but at the same time enjoyable to play. I also feel like spending quite a lot of time on this experiment has improved my knowledge on what each emotion looks like and has made it easier to identify them which will help when photographing the emotions in my development stage. The website also has some interesting facts on what areas of the face are important giveaways to what particular emotions that person is feeling, for example in an anger emotions the main give-away in facial movement is the eyebrows which will be lowered and drawn together showing a sort of frowning expressions with a very focused stare. I found this website particlarly interesting and helpful for my research and I intend to go back and look at this website again if I need help on identifying the emotions...

No comments:

Post a Comment