Tuesday 6 April 2010

Documentary and video research cont.

Initially I found it extremely difficult to find videos/docs on facial expressions and human body language on the internet as all I could find was short clips of videos that actually weren't very relevant to my research and discovery of human expression. I then discovered a series of body language shows on Sky1 entitled 'Body Language Revealed', however I found that this show focused more on how you can get what you want through the use of body language, for example it gave you the best tips on to sell your car using welcoming body language. I found that this show was insightful in terms of how to use body language but it didnt tell me enough on the background of it, such as how we detect certain emotions and how that makes us feel as well as the person viewing the expression. I decided to continue to watch part of the series on Sky1 that I had recorded however I didn't find anything inspirational or interesting enough to watch the entire series or concentrate on taking notes too much (hence why I have decided not to record it in my sketchbook).

After not having much luck with this series I have decided to continue to find other documentaries, specifically ones that explore similar ideas to what Ekman talks about in his book...

No comments:

Post a Comment