Tuesday 27 April 2010

Tuesday...

Today I spent most of my time updating my sketchbook which contains the portrait image cuttings from newspapers. I have decided not too rush this and not pay enough attention to the research as I feel later on in the project it will be an important part of the development of my understanding of human facial expressions:

What I have found most interesting about this area of research is how by taking the images from newspaper, it takes the photographs away from the context of the article, which at times has meant that the expressions seem to look different - for example an image could so a woman looking sad and the article reflects this as well, however if you take the image away from its context the expressions could be mistaken for anger or fear. I think to keep the experiment fair it would best not to know too much about the context of the image as this could hinder the way I analysis the image and identify the facial expression.

No comments:

Post a Comment