Friday 30 April 2010

Friday at college..

Today I continued to update my sketchbook containing portrait images from The Guardian newspaper (yesterday was the last day of the seven days). It seems election fever has captured most of the media's attention as I have found that the majority of the images used in the paper are of politician or are of someone who has a so called "unbiased" opinion on who they think should be the next prime minster - it all seems to have gone a bit X- Factor for me (maybe Cowell will decide the eventual winner and we will get charged for a vote that never ever counted). The hugely sensationalised "Live Political TV Debates" have not help and with only one televised political debate out of 3 down, an idiotic journalist/newspaper (The Times) went as far to call Clegg "more popular than Churchill". Hmm....

I also spent some of the day going through the photographs I took on wednesday and picked images that best displayed the seven basic emotions that I have been studying - I chose around 18-20 of the best images which I then adjusted slightly using photoshop (basic image enhancements such as Levels, Brightness and Contrast etc.) I intend to print these images and display them upon my wall as this will then changed they way I look at the images but I will also be able to ask others what they feel has worked well and what maybe hasn't - This should hopeful improve my analysis and development of my work a lot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment