Saturday 8 May 2010

Finding videos to use for photo shoots...

I have spent the majority of the day looking and trying to download videos to use for the up and coming photo shoots in the studio in college which I have already booked out. I firstly tried just typing in the videos I was looking for on a search engine like Google, however I found that the majority of video clips were on the website Youtube so I decide to use that website as my main resource. I decided that I was going to continue with the idea of using human-interest programmes such as Britain's Got Talent and Embarrassing Bodies as well as other various documentary-style shows. I found it relatively easy to find interesting clips from both shows using Youtube as both ITV and Channel 4 seem to be uploading various of their shows onto the website, probably to get up with the ever growing use of the internet to watch television. I used a website I found using google to download the videos so that I would be able to show the clips without needing the use of the internet as I know this would not be available to me in college.

As well as downloading various television programmes, that I may or may not use in the photo shoot, I decided to move onto finding films that I could use to provoke an emotion in the sitter. Instantly I thought of horror movies as a very good way to ignite a feeling of fear in the sitter but once I started to watch several clips I noticed that my emotional state varied from film to film. For example when I watched a clip from The Exorcist I personally found it made me laugh at times even if I did feel slightly awkward for laughing, where as when I watched Hostel I found that I was a lot more anxious and disgusted particularly in the torture scene. I found that this idea of how different horror films can provoke different emotions in the viewer really interesting and its defiantly an aspect of the changes in our emotions that I want to explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment