Tuesday 18 May 2010

Ideas for how to display the photographs...

This morning I experimented with looking at the best possible ways to display my photographs in the exhibition. I have been debating what size to display the photographs, either choosing an A4 size or A5. I think more than likely I will use A4 images as then this will emphasise the isolated feeling I want to create in the exhibition as the images will seem a lot closer up and make the space seem more cramped and uneasy - this alongside the scary music I intend to create should hopefully provoke the same kind of emotions in the viewer of the work as the actual sitters who watched the film so the viewers should be able to place themselves in the same situation.

I decided to display the images I had done so far all on one wall so that I could spot the photographs that I feel don't work as part of the series and work out what photographs need to be cropped more and what adjustments of levels and tones need to be done in post production.

Here is a photograph of the wall with all of the photographs up:


Overall I felt that I need to do a lot of cropping of the images in post-production as the photographs don't as of yet work as part of series because some of the composition are closer up and some are further away so I need to sort this problem out before I can develop how I want the images to be presented any further.

No comments:

Post a Comment