Tuesday 11 May 2010

Tuesday afternoon (first photo shoot using horror film clips RESULTS)...

Overall I really enjoyed doing this photo shoot and I felt it has been particularly insightful, especially in terms of looking at how we all react differently to the things that we are shown. What I found most interesting about the shoot was the diverse range of facial expressions that have been created - these ranged from the obvious expression of fear to happiness and contempt. I personally believe that the majority of the seven basic facial expressions (discovered by Paul Ekman) were all produced by a range of different people looking at just the three horror film clips: Hostel, The Exorcist and Friday the 13th. This was actually rather surprising as I thought that the only expressions produced would be fear, surprise and disgust but at times even signs of happiness, contempt, anger and sadness were created by various people. This in a way kept the photo shoot rather exciting as even though by the end of the shoot I was aware of the times in the clips that provoked the strongest responses I was always kept on my toes by the unpredictable range of emotions created in the sitter as it always varied from person to person.

Here are some examples of the expressions that were created by the sitters (this images are pre-edit and have not been adjusted using Photoshop yet):











FRIDAY THE 13TH

No comments:

Post a Comment