Tuesday 11 May 2010

Tuesday afternoon (first photo shoot using film clips SET-UP)...

This afternoon I used the studio in college which I booked in advance two weeks ago. Initially I had some help with setting up the lighting to how I wanted it to be. I decided to use two large soft box lights which were placed either side of table. The table was used so that I could rest my laptop (which I was using to show the videos) on it. So that the sitter could easily view the laptop on the table, I used a sit which would be situated slightly behind and in the middle of both lights. I also felt that by getting the model to sit down in front of the laptop this would relax them more, as it would remind them of siting at home in front the television so hopefully they would be less prone to be put of by the camera or lights. I then put the camera on a tripod as I knew that it would be easier to keep the camera steady whilst taking fast continuous shots of the sitter's facial expressions. The studio was completely blacked out, including the window and door, so the only light created was from the two soft box lights. I did this because I felt that this darkened effect would emphasise the fear in the sitter but also it would take them away from the college setting as if they were completely on their own watching a horror film. I hope that this would create more genuine facial expressions but also distract the sitter's attention away from the camera and focus it more on the film clip they are watching. Also unlike the last photo shoot I did in college, I decided to not use such of a close up framing of the face as I felt that if the expressions were strong then this would cause more body movement so it would be highly likely that the face would not be in the frame correctly.

Image of set up needed

No comments:

Post a Comment