Wednesday 12 May 2010

Wednesday Morning (Second horror clip photo shoot):

This morning I have continued where I left off yesterday afternoon by continuing to the studio set up to photograph people who are watching clips from horror movies. I decided not to change anything about the last set up as I felt that it worked really well, also because everything was already set up I could go straight ahead and take photographs which then meant that I would be able to photograph more people than yesterday in the time slot allocated.

Today I was gradually finding it easier to photograph the facial expressions as I was becoming more and more aware of the times in the film clips that provoked the strongest emotions and expressions in the sitter. This meant that at times I could be ready with the shutter held halfway down for a quicker release, hopefully catching that instant genuine reaction from the sitter better. I also felt as though I have gradually been finding the experience more and more personal, at times I have felt myself getting annoyed with the fact that some people were not feeling any emotion towards what they are watching or finding the experience at all frightening. I think this is because I have seen the majority of people show emotions of fear and when some people don't I find it difficult to understand their point of view. Above all though it is extremely interesting that my emotions are being provoked by the sitter's emotions and at times I reflect the way they are feeling even though I am only listening to the clips. May be it because the sounds of the clips themselves are as powerful as the visual footage - this is something I feel I must develop on further, how does sound effect our emotions? May be sound can affect our emotions more? Interesting.....

No comments:

Post a Comment