Friday 7 May 2010

Thursday thoughts and plans...

After discussing the direction of my work with several different people, including teachers, and also by spending some more time researching into the use of media in order to provoke a reaction, I finally have an idea on what type of external stimulus I want to experiment with further to create an emotional response from the sitter.

I now feel as though the best way to get a genuine reaction from the sitter is to use video, this could be of a television programme or a film. The main reason I feel this is because whilst experimenting with using videos and images in the last photo shoot I found that that the photographs I used worked to provoke a response in the model, however the response was so quick it was extremely difficult to capture the genuine response on camera without the sitter being distracted. Although this was not the case with using videos as I found that all of the sitter's attention was focused on what they were being shown so they wasn't as put off by the camera. I also found that as the videos lasted longer so did the responses in some cases but not all.

No comments:

Post a Comment