Tuesday 4 May 2010

umm it's tuesday...

Today I spent the morning selecting and printing the most successful images from the photo shoot I took last Wednesday. I selected 18 images of which I felt best showed a range of diverse facial expressions from a range of different people. I printed them off A4 on a black and white printer and from this I decided to pin them up on my display board in a grid-like style. The main reason for doing this was so that I could get the images out of the computer and be able to look at them in a different but most importantly is so I can show others the work I have been doing and be able to listen to their feedback on how I can improve my work.

Below is a photograph of my board at present (after I have pin up the photographs taken):
Some of the feedback I received was really helpful, particularly in terms of getting more ideas to use for the next photo shoots I intend to do. What I found was that visually people thought the presentation of the work was good and a lot of people spoke to me about what the facial expressions meant, which was my intention to gain as a response. However some people felt that the ideas and reasons for the photo shoot were slightly muddled and hard to understand - for example a lot of people were confused on the direction of the project and what I have set out to achieve. This is something that I feel is echoed by myself as well because I feel that I like the outcome of the photo shoot, however I don't feel as though the process and idea of the shoot was focused enough to be able to prove a certain ideology. I also felt that the sitters were too aware of the camera and this was effecting their expressions so I now know in the next shoot I need to focus on using some sort of stimulus that will distract the sitters attention but also provoke a vivid response from them as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment