Friday 7 May 2010

Ideas...

Now that I have a stronger direction on how I want to develop my project, I have decided to research into what kind of videos I want to use to create a certain response in the sitter. I've looked at trying to find videos that should ignite each emotion that I have been studying (seven universal emotion discovered by Paul Ekman; Happiness, Sadness, Contempt, Fear, Surprise, Anger and Disgust) however I didn't feel as though I could find videos that would accurately provoke each emotion. I also felt that this would still leave me in the same position I am in now because I know by having a series of different emotions portrayed I've not really proved anything other than how I provoke the emotion in the sitter and the final outcome may still be seen as random and confusing to the viewer. Therefore I am going to focus on finding a particular genre of film, genre of television programme to use in the hope that I can ignite some sort of expression in different people. I have looked at using human-intterest programmes such as Embarrassing Bodies or Britain's Got Talent because I have noticed myself whist watching the shows, the sheer scale of different emotions that can be created throughout one-hour length programme - This is something that I find particularly interesting especially in terms of how we react to what we our shown - if I was to show something disgusting on a show like Embarrassing Bodies it would be interesting to see if they react differently, such as someone may cover their face, another person may laugh or even have to get up and walk out. This concept is something that I feel I have to experiment with to see if there actually are a range of emotions created or whether they would in fact all be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment